Education Host support Canterbury Christ Church University by providing a single sign-on fully managed web hosting service. The web hosting service provided by Education Host provides students and lecturers with end-to-end management of their own web hosting space, with a secure domain for each account.
The web hosting service provided by Education Host provides students and lecturers with end-to-end management of their own web hosting space, with a secure domain for each account.
Included in the solution is:
- Client area for management of services and support tickets, which included live chat support functionality
- Access to the cPanel control panel for each student and lecturer
- Active Directory Integration to enable user, password, and access
management at an organisation level
- Subdomain per student and lecturer
- One-Click installations of hundreds of popular scripts (such as
- User-selectable PHP versions based on the L.A.M.P (Linux Apache,
MySQL, PHP stack)
- Lecturer dashboard for student management
- Secure FTP and jailed shell access
- Rule of Three backups including local high availability and 2x offsite locations
- Live RAID backups
- Self-service file recovery
Canterbury Christ Church Universities technical owner describes the challenge that they faced below:
“Before finding Education Host we were running a complicated, bespoke build, created by staff who had since left. Account provisioning was buggy, functionality was sparse, and the student interface was antiquated. We wanted to provide our students with something industry relevant, and easy to manage but also with all the additional trappings that an educational environment requires.
We didn’t have the capacity to build something ourselves and were concerned that if we did, we would just be in the same situation in 3- or 4-years’ time.”
Canterbury Christ Church University were looking to replace an in-house system for hosting student websites.
They were looking for a complete solution to:
- Streamline student and lecturer onboarding by leveraging Azure Active Directory Single Sign-on Technology.
- Provide a single location for lecturers to manage student accounts.
- Provide high-availability backups.
- Provide a wraparound support solution (Network, Hardware, Software, Lecturer, and Student support).
Education Host have worked closely with Canterbury Christ Church University to provide a single sign-on experience for users and enhanced management tools to lecturers.
By leveraging industry-leading tools such as cPanel and CloudLinux, students are provided a platform that provides tools
that are being used at the forefront of development. These tools support teaching across a variety of web-based modules.
The web hosting service has provided a fully managed solution, with the network, hardware, version updates, security and
end-to-end support being provided by Education Host.
Support is provided to both students and lecturers through supporting documentation, a knowledgebase, a support ticket system, and over live chat.
“Education Host have been brilliant, they’re approachable, knowledgeable, and extremely good at what they do” – Technical product owner