Changing wordpress password
A common question we see amongst our customers is one of changing your wordpress password, this can be done with relative ease.
1) Get the reset password link to your email address :
You need to know either the email address or the username and need to have access to your email address (you will receive the reset password link there).
- Go to your WordPress login screen
- Click on the Lost your Password link
- Enter the email address or your username and click on the Get New Password button.
- You will now receive an email with the link to reset your password.
- Enter the new password and click on the Reset Password button.
- That’s it you have reset the password for your blog’s account.
2) Don’t have access to the email associated to your account at the blog ?
You can reset the password from your WordPress database. You will require access to your database.
- Login to your control panel and go to the database manager.
- Choose MD5 from the dropdown under the Function column next to user_pass field
- Hit the Go button
- The password encryption will not look as the previous one because we chose MD5 and WordPress uses a different hashing method
- Don’t worry. Go to the login WordPress login screen and login with the new password. On successful login WordPress will convert the new password as per WordPress encryption hash.
- That’s it you have successfully reset the password for your account for your WordPress blog.